[NOTE: this post originally appeared on Datachondria, a blog dedicated to technology, data, and modern life.]
As Mark hinted the other day, AcrossAir's augmented reality iPhone apps suggest what some aspects of the networked book concept might resemble. Indeed, it's surprising that there aren't already iPhone apps that replicate such fine book/city tours as already exist.
- Don Herron's legendary Dashiell Hammett tour of San Francisco
- Wes Morgan's Searching for Suttree resource
- Cathy's Steele's highly exclusive In the Skin of a Lion Toronto tour (ideally with photographs and other materials provided by the City of Toronto Archives)
- Any number ofHemingway-relatedParis tours
- All those Ulysses-themed Dublin tours
These seem like fertile ground for an app developer, particularly given the possibility of add-ons available via OS 3's in-app billing.